This blog has been moved to BrianRants.com

Click here to visit BrianRants.com

Friday, March 14, 2008

Praying with faith

The book of James says that when we make a request of God, we must
believe he will answer.

A bit of a strange thought. I mean, why would we ask God for something
if we do nor think he will do it?

But that is frequently the case with me. I pray because I should, or
as a last ditch attempt to affect the circumstances of my life. In
fact, I pray much more with the attitude of an agnostic.

I have met significant obstacles in my personal and professional life.
Yesterday I was so stressed I think I scared my employees :) last
might as I lay in bed I approached God and asked him to give me faith
as I prayed. Then I brought my requests with an expectant heart,
praying even with language that believed he would answer.

It changed my mindset. I began to pray more out of hope than fear. I
began to sense God guiding my thinking, and today have already seem
him answering.

Is prayer God intervening or meditation that releases answers we
already know? Is it God's voice speaking into the stillness, or the
quiet voice of inner wisdom finally finding room to speak?

Yes.

Brian Rants
*Sent from my mobile device

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM , Blogger Rose Starr said...

    I can say amen to your thoughts here...love the Q's at the bottom...I'm thinking that last sentence has a lot of truth. We've been struggling with Hope in the midnight hours again...and I know without a shadow of a doubt that all we can do to combat this-whatever it is- is to pray. Lord, help me pray in faith!
    ~Rose
    p.s. your spelling errors are comical...I know you were using the iPhone, so that's a good excuse ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home