This blog has been moved to BrianRants.com

Click here to visit BrianRants.com

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Scars

Received some pretty hard hitting news today...people in my life who are hurting deeply...making poor choices.

Sometimes life has the uncanny ability to kick you when you are down. I'm not sure I'll ever understand why pain has to exist. I do know that through pain I've experienced an intimacy with God that I did not before.

Still something inside me tells me we were made for beauty, for joy, for gladness, for simple pleasures, pure ecstasy...a life in the garden of Eden with our God. Every time our soul is pierced by the dull, rusty blade of this world, it leaves a permanent mark.

I believe Frodo says in the Return of the King that there are some wounds that run too deep, that time cannot fully heal. It seems to me there will always be a scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home